Home Adopt A Cat Adopt A Dog Donate Memorials Upcoming Events Merchandise Volunteering Fostering Contact Us

These precious friends left their paw prints on our hearts.
We honour them here with their stories and look forward to seeing them again at Rainbow Bridge.

If you would like to post a memorial for your pet, please send an e-mail to inquiries@dunroaminstrayandrescue.com.


"They that love beyond the world cannot be separated. Death cannot kill what never dies. Nor can Spirits ever be divided

that love and live in the same Divine Principle; the Root and Record of their Friendship.

Death is but crossing the world, as Friends to the seas; they live in one another still." ~ William Penn

"JJ" was born to 10-month-old Prentiss and came to us on April 15, 2014 from Grafton where she was one of four babies in a milk can two days previously.  Her mom is a very affectionate and loving cat who loves laps and purrs constantly.  She's not much more than a baby herself, yet takes such excellent care of her tiny babies.

Sadly, JJ was unable to survive.  She is missed by her mom, her siblings, her foster mother and her DunRoamin' friends.  We'll see you again some day, JJ.

"Pearson" and her five babies, Tupper, Diefenbaker, Campbell, Turner and Harper came to us from Holmesville on June 30, 2014 where Pearson had appeared as a stray a couple of weeks previously. She was being fed by a kind gentleman but Pearson appeared to be sick and had begun panting heavily.

Sadly, it was learned that Pearson was not in good health. She had fleas, a high temperature, a swollen liver and bloody infected fluid around her lungs. Her kittens were doing well, as she had given everything she possibly could to her young family. They must be stimulated to pee and poop and must be fed by syringe, and a couple were beginning to eat a bit of KMR (kitten milk replacer) on their own. They were born about June 8, 2014.

Pearson cared for her family until the very end. She left us on June 30, 2014. We're so sorry that she can't be with them to see what wonderful pets they'll become. They'll make her very proud, and we promise to do our best by them.

"Rafter" came to us on July 8, 2014 from Gordonsville where she had fallen from the rafters and had sustained head trauma. She was born about July 3, 2014.  Sadly, she was too young to survive her injury and she left us on the evening of July 8.  We will see her again at Rainbow Bridge where she's running and playing like all baby kittens deserve to have the opportunity to do.

"Albert" came to us on June 30, 2014 as a surrender to the SPCA. He was emaciated, had an open wound on his left hind end and had a testicular tumour. His last few days were good ones with his new-found friends who were human, feline and bovine. He left us on July 15, 2014. We'll see him again.

"Stickney" came to us on July 12, 2014 from Stickney where he had apparently been struck by a vehicle several days earlier.  A family heard his plaintive cries from their cellar area just today and realized he needed immediate help.

Stickney was retrieved from the basement and delivered to the Florenceville Veterinary Clinic for medical assistance.  It was learned that his right hind leg was broken and he had injuries to his pelvis and left hind leg as well.  These injuries were several days old and badly infected.  He received fluids as he was extremely dehydrated and was started on antibiotics to help fight the strong infections that had developed around his injuries.  He had obviously been injured and in pain for quite some time. 

Sadly, his injuries were too severe and he left us on the evening of July 12. He's in a better place now.

"Campbell," her mom Pearson and siblings Turner,Tupper and Harper came to us from Holmesville on June 30, 2014 where their mom had appeared as a stray a couple of weeks previously.  She and her babies were being fed by a kind gentleman but Pearson appeared to be sick and was panting heavily. Sadly, Pearson was not in good health.  She had fleas, a high temperature, a swollen liver and bloody infected fluid around her lungs.  She was unable to survive.

Her kittens had fleas also. They had to be stimulated to pee and poop and had to be fed by syringe. They were born about June 8, 2014.  Unfortunately, Campbell, despite having the best of care and assistance, was unable to survive, and she left us on July 12, 2014. Her siblings miss her, as do we.

"Ashleigh" came to DunRoamin' on August 19, 2014 from the Lower Brighton area where she had been found by a young lady who worked close by.  She recognized that Ashleigh needed medical assistance and brought her for help.

Unfortunately, Ashleigh was diagnosed with a very bad case of pneumonia and was not able to recover.  She was loved for the short time she had left and we're grateful to the young lady who made certain she got help. She'll see her again at Rainbow Bridge.

"Kristoff" and his sister "Elsa" came to us from Hartland on the evening of September 18, 2014 where they had had very little shelter during the cool nights we've experienced lately.  A lady had found them and brought them for help.  They were only about eight weeks old and were dying of hypothermia.  The skills of their vet at the Florenceville Veterinary Clinic were instrumental in resuscitating both, but unfortunately they were unable to sustain their health and both left us shortly after midnight.  They were fortunate to know love, care and concern, as well as warmth for the short time they did. We all thank the lady who found them and brought them for help.

"January" came to us on January 6, 2014 from Jacksonville where she had been one of several cats who were live trapped to ensure they had food and shelter for the cold winter months.  She is a senior cat - at least 10 years of age.  She was hypothermic, severely dehydrated, missing several teeth, very thin, in shock, anemic and had evidence of kidney failure.

January was syringe fed, given intravenous fluids, antibiotics and kept toasty warm.  She was in very rough shape, but with intensive vet care she was soon well enough to be spayed and had most of her teeth removed. January is not a social cat.  She had been on her own in bad situations for too long to learn to trust humans in a short period of time.  Fortunately, though, on April 7, 2014, she officially became a member of a household in Connell where she integrated with their other pets. 

Sadly, her age and the hard times she had experienced in her past took their toll.  January left us on the evening of October 1, 2014.  She'll be waiting at Rainbow Bridge to thank the people who made the last nine months of her life so much better.

On the evening of October 2, 2014, two ladies brought an injured little grey tabby cat to the Florenceville Veterinary Clinic.  We named her Peril.  Peril had been found on the Black Brook Road in Fielding and she was in distress.  She was dragging her hind end, she was emaciated, dehydrated, hypothermic (her temperature was only 33.7*C, much lower than it should be), she had pale gums, fleas and was pregnant.

Peril's injuries were too severe and her vet was unable to stabilize her.  She passed away shortly after her arrival.  We'd all like to thank her vet for her efforts and the ladies who brought her for help.  She will remember your kindness and concern and will be waiting to thank you again at Rainbow Bridge.

"Marlowe" came to us on November 8, 2014.  She was born about September 8, 2014 and weighed only 1.6 pounds. Obviously, something was very wrong.  She was brought for help and her vet assessed her as having a badly infected hernia.  This is very serious for such a young, small kitten.  Marlowe underwent surgery on November 9, 2014 to attempt to repair her hernia. All went well. The next week is important to determine her recovery.

On the morning of November 12, 2014 Marlowe left us.  We are heartbroken.  We are grateful she experienced love from the people who knew her for such a short time and that she was given the opportunity to have a chance at being well.  We'll miss you, Marlowe, and will see you again at Rainbow Bridge. 

"Omen" came to the patio of a home in Perth-Andover on the afternoon of October 31, 2012. His rescuers immediately brought him to DunRoamin' where he was assessed as follows: his left eye was missing, leaving an empty socket which was infected, he had fleas to which he was allergic, so had developed a skin rash (dermatitis), his abdomen was distended and he had poor body and muscle condition.  His fur was reddish in colour on the ends, perhaps as a result of his lack of good nutrition.  He was also in kidney failure.  He was at least eight years old, and had been on his own for quite some time.

Omen was in pretty rough shape, but despite all that, he loved people. He head butts, purrs and rubs against the closest human, saying thanks for all the help. He loves to put a paw on each side of your neck if you pick him up so he can hug you back.  He had already been neutered, so he must have belonged to someone at some point in his life.

Omen brought many smiles to DunRoamin' staff and volunteers.  He was always there to greet us, to offer a purr, steal a piece of a sandwich or provide a loving hug.  He left us on the evening of December 2, 2014 but he will be in our hearts forever.  We will see you again, Omen.  Until then, rest well and enjoy the soft green grass and warm sunshine at Rainbow Bridge.  You have more than earned it.

Back to the Top

♥ This website lovingly created and maintained by DunRoamin' volunteers ♥
We welcome your comments at feedback@dunroaminstrayandrescue.com